Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official 'Ice Cube Doesn't Get The Credit He Deserves' Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 03:46 AM   #91 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
My parents don't know the first thing about hip-hop. My dad likes Afroman for the album that has "Because I Got High" on it.... They both can identify Ice Cube by his face, voice and that he's a rapper.

Like I said, I don't think I actually know someone who hasn't at least heard of Ice Cube. I haven't asked all of them, but the point is that I know a lot of people who do know who he is, many of them aren't even fans, some of them haven't even heard his music. He is very influential, and a lot of people know who he is. I think that's a much better argument for him being rated properly than "Google search has millions of hits on 'ice cube is underrated'" is for him being underrated. That's just me, though.
I mentioned the Google results to show that this is a debate and issue that is raised and discussed... not necessarily to justify my opinion. People implied my question and perspectives on Ice Cube were taboo but the Google results show that many others raise the same question about Ice Cube.

People may know the name Ice Cube but do they know his impact on the hip hop genre? Have they listened to his songs?
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote