Music Banter - View Single Post - Daft Punk
Thread: Daft Punk
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 06:52 AM   #446 (permalink)
DoesntReallyMatter
"The Messiah Complex"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
You do know this is a music forum where people state their opinions and then other people are entitled to comment on said opinions creating a discussion. I know you feel like you are being attacked for having a negative opinion but that's not the case at all. We are just engaging you and trying to understand why you feel the way you do to create a discussion. You know bantering and what not.

Actually, you see it as re-doing Euro-Disco/R&B but that sound is just not around right now. Everyone is too busy emulating the same sound that Daft Punk created in the past and for the most part everything sounds way too similar. The reason why the sound that you don't like became popular is because it's not over saturated and people wanted a change of pace.
I agree with all you said, and, thank you for being civil.
Some say nothing 'new' can be done, we're in the age of digression.

Or just rehashing and combining.

But, I, at least, feel the 90's IDM scene, such as it was, with new tech, brought along a whole new kind of music.
Now, it did obviously share traits, etcetc, but...'new' enough to really separate it. (<~~my banter)

Since then, I've heard a few new changes in EDM that, I thought, warranted a 'WOW'.

OffMeNut, Hyperdub, etc. Planet Mu.

But, from some band with as much talent as 'DP', I really expected something more.

Trust me, I really wanted to like the album.
It just seemed boring. And, including modern pop stars just...makes me
think they're comparing Italio-Disco with Modern pop ****. Fitting. But, essentially, 'daft.'
DoesntReallyMatter is offline   Reply With Quote