Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #509 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Your review of Iron Maiden has forced me to put on Killers and there is literal moisture in my from the sheer metallic perfection of the title track.
You see good lubrication is essential, as I've constantly been telling you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
I defiantly agree with you on the quality of the band under the tutorship of Bon Scott, they simply had more depth to their music. Once he passed on the band became a one dimensional wall of power chords.
As I more or less said, it seems the band on Back in Black just had enough creative energies and spark to knock-out one more killer album.

Quote:
I do think that this is in part do to the fact that Bon Scott was simply a better vocalist who had a lot more range than Brian Johnson. He was a better lyricist as well. The AC/DC of the 80's would become a parody of the 80's burnt out rocker with their cheesy redundant lyrics about booze and strip clubs.
This more or less sums it up and the band as far as I'm concerned are one of the worst examples of a band resting on their laurels, but all credit to them as they've been doing it for 30 plus years.

Quote:
Personally I think Highway to Hell is their best album with High Voltage and Powerage being my personal favourites. That being said, I recognize Back in Black as the landmark album, so no argument out of me for number 2.
I'm guessing that you mean the international version of High Voltage and not the Australian only one?

Quote:
After Back N Black it was a long slope downward until the Razor's Edge.
Razor's Edge is the one produced by Bruce Fairbairn if I remember rightly.

Quote:
PS: just a thought, its really hard & bit off putting to read your reviews when you have to use the scroller to move back n forth, easy to get lost as well. It could just be my computer settings but other journals don' t seem to do that. Just some advice.
Somebody else remarked on this but I've got a large computer monitor, so maybe that's the reason. On my monitor I see everything as it should be.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote