Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official 'Ice Cube Doesn't Get The Credit He Deserves' Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 04:24 PM   #119 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
There are celebrities that are well known that are underrated.

There are celebrities that are less known that are overrated and vice versa.

Typically, celebs that are constantly in the public eye tend to be more overrated
Yes, just like you can argue that Adolf Hitler was an honorable, immaculate human being. You can argue anything if you're just going based off of opinion. You can say that because Hitler wasn't a total idiot, and that he once was the most powerful man in the world, that he's a good man. Of course, logic would tell you that the only thing that means is that Hitler was reasonably intelligent, manipulative, and had a good army, armed with the best weapons. He was also responsible for the deaths millions of jews and other innocent people, which I think may trump the argument that he's honorable or immaculate. Just like I think that the fact that Ice Cube is considerably popular on a worldwide scale, was the engineer of what is widely considered to be the pinnacle of gangsta rap, and who had considerable solo success, producing one of the biggest hits of the 1990s, all to widespread critical acclaim, kind of trumps the argument that he's underrated. Then you add on top of that the fact that he's been a successful actor, and continues to sell albums, I'd say he's pretty much established his name in the public eye.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote