Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official 'Ice Cube Doesn't Get The Credit He Deserves' Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 02:40 AM   #136 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
Okay fine...lets say he is popular (although I still do not think he is that popular)
What's "that popular"? He has 5M+ likes on FB. I mean, we're talking about him right? He isn't exactly obscure if there are at least 5 million people in the world who know who he is, and I'd bet that's a very low figure.

Quote:
it still does not change the fact that he is underrated
You can say it until you're blue in the face, there's nothing factual about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post
What is your definition of a big international star? He isn't getting as much attention as Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg, but I think what you're failing to realize is those two have a big foot in mainstream lately. Dr. Dre produces music for many other popular hip-hop artists, and Snoop Dogg collaborates with other big names, who also involves a lot of mainstream artists in his own songs. You cannot deny their influence in present hip-hop culture. Ice Cube has barely released as much material and hasn't been mainstream for a long time. Mainstream is about what's relevant today and people don't necessarily listen to artists because they're pioneers.

That's definitely different from acknowledging the history of hip-hop.
And I don't think Ice really cares about being mainstream. He's got it made as it is, he's a household name, he's highly acclaimed for his work in the 90s, and he can afford to do just about anything he wants.

Nothing underrated about it.

Last edited by Forward To Death; 03-01-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote