Music Banter - View Single Post - Anybody else ignoring the Oscars?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #32 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
By you saying that it's like you never watched an Oscars in your life.

They shit on blockbuster films all the time in favor of artsy type films. You will most likely never see a summer blockbuster movie win an Oscar. I think the only one to do it or even get a nomination was Inception. It only most won the technical type of awards anyways.

This year was a great year for the Oscars and Ellen as the host was hilarious. All you cool kids can sod off.

Edit: Forgot to add if you want to see/hear about more independent films then that's what the Sundance Film Festival is for and they have winners from that.
I know that Sundance is for indie movies and a lot of great indie films have won awards there. About summer blockbusters, you're right, they won't ever get Oscar nods. Most films that the Academy nominate each year usually premiere here in at TIFF, which tends not to feature over-hyped movies anyways, every September.

I get that they try to award the more artsy films overall, and I recognize that the purpose of the Oscars is to reward people for their hard work. But I just don't really care about them anymore. I find that most of the media outlets end up talking about things like who was "Best/Worst Dressed", or who someone's date is, anyways. Maybe I'm wrong.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote