Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 01:04 AM   #7789 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
^ I honestly feel that Stay Hungry is a great album and it is forever in my heart.
When I was a waiter in Hartford, Connecticut about 12 years ago Dee Snider-- who, since his career with Twisted Sister, had become a famous radio talk show host in the area-- hosted his radio show's Christmas party in the restaurant I was working in. I begged the waiter who was working Dee's party to let me bring a piece of cake to him and thankfully, he let me. I went down to the private room where his party was being held, walked up to him with piece of chocolate cake in hand and basically told him that when I was 13, the day after I bought Stay Hungry (on cassette), I got grounded from my boombox for 2 weeks for bringing home a bad report card, and that that event was largely the reason why I was the messed up individual that I am. I then handed him the cake as a token gesture of gratitude and walked away. As I was walking away he stood up, pointed at me and shouted, "that's ****ing COOL, man!" It was definitely an awesome moment.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote