Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official 'Ice Cube Doesn't Get The Credit He Deserves' Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 10:46 PM   #156 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post
I don't think you're getting what I mean. I'm saying facebook is obviously indictive of popularity, therefore just reaffirms his popularity. You have pretty much just compared Ice Cube's position to that of other popular artists.
Not necessarily.

There are artists with Facebook that do not have alot of likes or friends.

I also do not necessarily think it reaffirms if someone is popular or not popular. It is just another measure to look at ..... but it is not the end all or be all of a celebrity's popularity

The discussion is not on popularity anyway.

My question is.... why is Ice Cube so underrated? Why does it have to take the passing of artists for the industry to acknowledge them? It does not make any sense to me and is quite sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post
I don't believe that, sorry, because there's nothing indicating that's slightly true.
Billboard does polls every year to see which artists has the most facebook likes, friends, youtube views etc.

So why would it be unlikely that a fan would vote more than once OR make more than one account so their favorite artist can win?

I have seen these things occur all the time.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote