Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 01:54 AM   #515 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Don't get me wrong, sometimes I quite enjoy Ozzy, but in general I view him like I view Rob Zombie when he went solo. He just kind of dumbed himself down and became a rather boring self-parody. Maybe when I was twelve the whole "Prince of Darkness" schtick was cool, but now I really don't care (especially after the train wreck that has been his pop culture career of the past decade or so) and so I'm left with actually listening to his music. He certainly has his moments, but I really don't see why people hold him on such a pedestal.
When I first ever listened to something by Ozzy which was around 1983 it was the song "Bark at the Moon" a popular single here with a video from his third album and even then I noticed how corny it all was, ever since then I guess I've always thought of him as a being an almost self-parody as well. Also the Rob Zombie comparison is a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
Sean

Colin

I frequently get christian names mixed up and usually spot it on the editing of the post. At least I got the other two right though.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote