Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #20481 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateEuphoria View Post
Last album I listened to was Peter, Paul and Mary. Right now I'm listening to a best of Sinatra.
^ Haven`t listened to PP and M for years. If you could recommend a Sinatra song that has better than average lyrics, I`d be very interested; maybe a story song, or something with extensive vocabulary ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post

Harvey Mandel - The Snake (1972)

Top-notch instrumental blues based rock with some jazz leanings from guitarist Harvey Mandel, one of the first rock guitarists to use two-handed fretboard tapping.
He played with Canned Heat, Charlie Musselwhite, John Mayall, before going into a solo career. When Mick Taylor left The Rolling Stones, Mandel was auditioned as his replacement. He didn't get the job, but he did record two tracks with the Stones for their 1976 album Black and Blue, "Hot Stuff" and "Memory Motel."
^ I remember dipping into this guy`s stuff a while ago, Psy-Fi; a nice mellow tone, but tbh I found his sound a little tame, a little dated, you know, not like his haircut...

My latest enthusiasm probably sounds dated too:
Boz Scagg`s self-titled album from 1969 has the singer and Duane Allman producing a top quality blend of blues rock and Americana. Thanks to Rostasi and Necromancer for this one.