Music Banter - View Single Post - the official **** the vikings thread
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 12:46 AM   #545 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
the playaction with vick and peterson would be so deadly tho. vick isnt the same guy he was 10 yrs ago but watchin him with the falcons, that run game was dominant because the backside defensive end couldnt crash to the rb for fear vick would keep it and roll out. and peterson is a lot better than warrick dunn lol. i dont see vikes winnin with cassel or freeman or ponder. time to just draft someone ya really like or go and get vick. i dont think theres much risk in a guy like vick anyway, but with him on the field you have a ton of gamebreaker players on offense
I'd be shocked if the Vikings didn't draft a QB in either the 1st or 2nd round this year. Not sure how signing Cassel would change that.

I think Cassel's as good or better for this scheme than Vick, though. He might have had some rough years, but in a decent scheme that utilizes his talents the right way, I think he'll be alright. Turner has a reputation for being able to get the most out of mediocre players, and I could realistically see Matt Cassel having a career year with the offensive talent that we have.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote