Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #7966 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
That's bull**** baby. I am sorry but it is. Color blindness implies that one can not see color. Therefore you wouldn't be able to ignore, that which you cannot see. And some people are truly cut like that, just look at back catalog of their ex's and you will see... So to them race truly isn't an issue.
Oh brother! The whole color blind thing and "oh I don't see color is just as problematic and real broke down exactly why. It chooses to ignore different cultures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
When did I say that Hip Hop does not have dance music?

I don't think I ever implied that. Hip Hop has many sub genres within it as well.I just said that the genre OVERALL was originally created and used as an outlet for black youth and African Americans because of the way the system was treating them. Hip Hop is more than a genre. It is almost a culture within itself and way of life. Break dancing, beat boxing, clothing, music, movement etc is all apart of that.
You heavily implied that listening to REAL hip hop is basically only hip hop that covers policitical issues that's why I brought up conscious hip hop. Hip Hop history wasn't created on only conscious songs and political issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
This is not about conscious hip hop. This is about the history of Hip Hop and how it was created.

Hip Hop was created on the struggles and tribulations of African Americans. Conscious hip hop music or not it was all constructed based on that reason.
The hip hop in parties and clubs was not created that way. What struggles and tribulations were being described in Rapper's Delight?
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote