Music Banter - View Single Post - Any multi instrumentalists out there? - I need your input :)
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
shpongled
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffelbrei View Post
You're absolutely right about the drums.
It's very easy to get started, and there's no long learning process, no chords, no notes, just rhythm and a bit coordination. I got the basics instantaneously in music class, back in school. And after you can do the basics, you just practise.
yeah i completely agree - this is why i loved playing drums. i found it so easy - i sat down and could do the basic stuff straight away. from that point it was so much fun practising, working on limb independence etc.

and yeah the guitar is fun but i just feel so... blind? while playing it, because i still think about music (melodies, chords etc) in terms of piano. yes i can play melodies on guitar and i know shapes/intervals jumping across strings (although sometimes have to stop and figure it out), so i'm not completely lost in terms of being able to play on the guitar... it's more the feeling of playing blind and having to translate, as the conceptual layout of piano is so deeply ingrained in my mind. maybe as Particular Crab says I just need to embrace the randomness. or maybe i should just stick to piano and drums! i don't know

just hope i can find the time to actually practice everything across these instruments
shpongled is offline   Reply With Quote