Music Banter - View Single Post - Some people really just don't like music
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 08:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
DriveYourCarDownToTheSea
AllTheWhileYouChargeAFee

Just discovered a lot of websites have been carrying this same story, and it's really interesting reading some of the comments:
Strange But True: Music Doesn't Make Some People Happy : Shots - Health News : NPR
For example:
Quote:
Right here. This is me to a tee. Ditto on not having music when guests come over. For the longest time (pre-MP3 players and even pre-Internet), I didn't even have a stereo, let alone CD's. I trained as an Irish dancer when I was young and forced to learn basic piano, so I can read music and hear the timing and tempo of a song, but only because I was trained to hear those things. They do nothing for me though, physically, mentally or emotionally and it's typical for me to go weeks without listening to music in my car or anywhere, unless it's unavoidable background music some place. I don't dislike music and most of it is fine, but I don't think that I've ever actually wanted to listen to music for the sake of hearing a particular song, band or genre of music. I know that sounds weird to most people which is why I spend so much of my teens and 20's trying to force myself to learn enough about current music and artists so that I didn't embarrass myself in front of friends (back in the late 80's, i even ended up dating the bass player of band whose video was a big deal on MTV, so my "cover" was pretty good. I only needed to know his music). Anyway, I;m the biggest foodie, I cry at weddings and every sappy movie; my libido has never been an issue; and my friends would describe me as a bleeding heart or soft touch when it comes to kids, charities, stray pets, or any noble cause, so I'm not devoid of other feelings or emotions. It's kind of a relief to finally know that there is another 5% out there!