Music Banter - View Single Post - The German Language
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffelbrei View Post
As someone who grew up in Germany, and as someone who is just fascinated by languages, I always wondered, how the German language must sound to someone who doesn't understand it, or is just not used to hearing it.

I mean.. ofc. You always hear that German must sound ultra stiff and edgy, but I somehow can't really believe that. So does that mean the language does not sound beautiful? Cuz as I recall it it's ****ing beautiful.. It's poetic and deep and you can express urself so flowery, lol..

Like when I listen to calm german music, like Max Herre, I think: "How can that sound hard to anyone? It's such a soft, and flowing language.
Max Herre - Anna

ofc.. when you hear Rammstein you think: "Whaaaat the **** is going on?", but Rammstein do not really talk german. They roll their R like ****, NOBODY would ever talk like that..

I believe Bavarian might sound cool tho, hehe.
Hans Söllner - Marijuana fürn Herrn Zimmermann

I'd be really thankful if someone would try this out and listen to the songs and just tell me how the language sounds in their ears.
thank you
Ooh! Hans Zimmer

lol jk

What is the genre of that first song? That music in the background sounds like an awesome sample for a rap song!

sorry, the language for both still sounds...edgy and rough. I don't like it. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I have to say, and I apologise in advance, but German is the roughest, most gutteral language I've ever heard. Even if someone was saying "I love you" in German it would sound to me like someone hawking up and drilling into a wall at the same time. I can listen to French, Spanish, Italian, even Russian but German is, sorry, the ugliest language on the planet imo.

ALSO: you can post youtube videos like this:

If you go to the "Music banter newcomers guide" in the introduction category of this forum, you can learn how to make videos appear directly like that from that thread.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote