Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 10:20 PM   #14646 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
What a day. I really have to get this out. I had to go and pick up my brother from his March break day camp early today because of bad behavioural issues. He is 15, high functioning autistic, and enrolled in a special program this week just for kids like him. He told my parents yesterday that the staff members were treating him like a little kid, so what they did was they let him be more independent (just what he wanted). All last week, he was really looking forward to participating, and now it's all gone downhill.

However, today my brother proved that he cannot be independent or left to his own devices. My parents were out for the day and unavailable, so they called me and told me to come and get him right away. Of course, I thought he was sick or something, so I rushed over there in my car like a crazy assh*le driver. I got there and he was standing in the lobby of the building with a support worker. The woman told me that my brother had his wish of being independent granted to him yesterday afternoon, but has since abused it by acting out, swearing at other children in the group (one incident of telling a 10 year old to F off), bothering everybody, and punching and kicking people, including staff members. Basically acting like a big douchebag. This is not the first incident like this - there were a couple of similar ones at school in the fall, and the principal has stated that if he punches people again they will call the police.

He didn't say a word on the way home in the car and looked away from me the whole time. I took him back to my place and said he will have to explain everything to Mom when she comes to get him. He said that he just wants people to respect him and treat him like a man. I simply said that's not how a respectable young man acts, and you will not gain the respect you deserve by verbally insulting people and being a bully. My brother told me that he wants to "be more like Danijel" (my boyfriend, who he really admires). Dan wasn’t home at the time because he had class.

I said to my brother that Dan doesn't act that way towards people, that he is respectful, kind, polite, and doesn’t create scenes in public. Well that just set him off. My brother said "REAL MEN DON'T ACT KIND AND NICE SO I GUESS DAN'S NOT A REAL MAN! DAN CAN GO F*CK HIMSELF!” He kind of went crazy. My parents were on their way to get him, but in the meantime, my brother was going around the house, breaking things. He threw a small lamp at the piano. I don’t care about the lamp, but the piano was pretty badly damaged. It’s not even my piano, really – it’s Dan’s, and he actually needs it right now. He also threw Dan’s computer across the room, and it's in pieces. I thought that he was going to hurt me but thankfully he did not.

He is usually very even tempered, but the past few months have been quite… interesting. That’s an understatement, I think. He doesn’t know how to properly control his anger and it’s something we’ve been working on for a while now. He is 15 now though, and I think puberty and all that testosterone surging through his body is affecting his temper. It’s possible that there could be something else going on as well, but who knows.

He has to be constantly supervised now, I think. It's getting absolutely ridiculous.

Ugh. Hopefully things will start looking up soon.
You're a girl?
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote