Music Banter - View Single Post - Who has the best scream in metal?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #121 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You take off your microphone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I seem to remember not particularly liking Gridlink, which isn't a surprise given my general indifference to any kind of grindcore after the early nineties, but a shorter album can be awesome. Any album after thirty minutes starts to give my brain fatigue if I'm gonna sit down and listen to the whole thing. Plenty of albums that break this rule for me, but in general I like an album to be shorter. I legitimately like Deep Purple even more just because they've released thirty minute albums with only seven songs on them. Easy to digest in one sitting. So a ten minute album is fine by me.
I don't mind 10 minute albums, I just wish they were longer because you get more value from a 20-25 minute album. Playing 2 albums barely even makes up the length of one normal album. As far as exceeding that length, I really don't care. I can listen to the same artist for as long as I'm awake in a day if I want. I've done that, where all I've listened to was a boxed set, and that doesn't really bore me or bother me at all, as long as the music doesn't suck.

You should see me on bandcamp, I make sure every album I download is at least 20 minutes long, I check through all of the songs and skip through the contents quickly to see if there's anything unique/worth downloading about them. I don't even bother listening to EPs unless the music is exceptionally good, and the length should still be more than 10 minutes.

Last edited by Forward To Death; 03-12-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote