Music Banter - View Single Post - The Anthill 2.0: Albums, Artists & The Chance To Win A Million Dollars!
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #43 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Oh I'd agree with you there. "The wild places" was the last album I truly enjoyed by him, but really up to then, with the exception of the abysmal "Captured angel" he never put a foot wrong. It would probably be surprising to people who don't know him that they know at least one of his songs.

Also, what did you think of Alan Parsons' "The time machine"? I was hugely disappointed in it, and haven't yet listened to "A valid path", sort of dreading it might be as bad really...
Dan peaked with 'The Innocent Age' and never did anything again to quite equal it. That being said, every album he's ever done has had at least a couple of winners on 'em.

Parsons-wise, 'A Valid Path' is pretty good for what it is. There's a heavy trip-hop/electronic rock aesthetic as opposed to the soft-progressive pop stuff he's known for, but it's not awful by any stretch of the imagination. I'd probably recommend it to someone who is a huge fan of The Crystal Method or something.

That being said, if you want to hear some music that's on par with some of the best APP stuff, check out those Chris Rainbow solo records and some of the music of Mandalaband (especially 1978's The Eye Of Wendor and 2009's B.C. Ancestors).

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote