Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs You Hate
Thread: Songs You Hate
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 07:49 PM   #300 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
In my mind, I should seriously hate this song, but 80's Metal was supposed to be perfect for mall settings and MTV so I look at this one two ways. First, there's my official opinion - It sucks - then there's the thoughts that go on in my head while watching the video. It has EVERYTHING a Poodle Hair Metal Band should have in it's one hit wonder ...[...]
I like Europe's "The Final Countdown" only because when giving my child a final rinse in the tub, I used to sing "The Final Rinse...do do dooo dooooo, do do do do doooo" to the same tune. Now "The Final Countdown" reminds me of fun bath times.

A song that I currently despise is...

"Let Her Go" - Passenger.

Passenger - Let Her Go (Official Video) - YouTube

Retch!! Ack!

I start going into spastic conniption fits whenever this song comes on the radio.

I dislike this song for several reasons. I feel irritated by its bland, easy-listening acoustic sound. I dislike the lyrics and their meaning, as well as the person described: someone who doesn't appreciate something or someone until the thing or person is in the past. If the guy lets someone go and only then knows he loved her....yuck!

But I DESPISE this song for one reason alone...

I CANNOT STAND THE SINGER'S VOICE AND ACCENT.

As soon as Michael Rosenberg sings his first "onleeeeee," I start to clench my teeth and shudder, wanting to shred every recording of his singing violently apart until it is obliterated from the face of the earth. I cannot stand how he pronounces his "eeeee's" so distinctly. He sounds like a five year old cretin (politically incorrect comment.)

I have read that he is British, and usually I think British accents are cool, but HOLY HYENAS I abhor his!! Since the song has a lot of "onleeees" in it, I turn the radio station as soon as I hear the first insipid guitar notes of the intro. I feel infuriated by just one of his "onleeees." And what is this weird pronunciation of "missing" as "meessing"?!?

I hate it even more that so many people like this song, since this causes it to be played so often on the radio. When I watch the video and see his adoring audience members blandly smiling as they ingest his babyfood-like music, I feel aghast. And it isn't just a few people liking this pap, but THRONGS of them do. Ugh!!

Finally, I hate his clothes.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 03-13-2014 at 07:59 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote