Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs You Hate
Thread: Songs You Hate
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #301 (permalink)
MarliQQ
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I like Europe's "The Final Countdown" only because when giving my child a final rinse in the tub, I used to sing "The Final Rinse...do do dooo dooooo, do do do do doooo" to the same tune. Now "The Final Countdown" reminds me of fun bath times.

A song that I currently despise is...

"Let Her Go" - Passenger.

Retch!! Ack!

I start going into spastic conniption fits whenever this song comes on the radio.

I dislike this song for several reasons. I feel irritated by its bland, easy-listening acoustic sound. I dislike the lyrics and their meaning, as well as the person described: someone who doesn't appreciate something or someone until the thing or person is in the past. If the guy lets someone go and only then knows he loved her....yuck!

But I DESPISE this song for one reason alone...

I CANNOT STAND THE SINGER'S VOICE AND ACCENT.

As soon as Michael Rosenberg sings his first "onleeeeee," I start to clench my teeth and shudder, wanting to shred every recording of his singing violently apart until it is obliterated from the face of the earth. I cannot stand how he pronounces his "eeeee's" so distinctly. He sounds like a five year old cretin (politically incorrect comment.)

I have read that he is British, and usually I think British accents are cool, but HOLY HYENAS I abhor his!! Since the song has a lot of "onleeees" in it, I turn the radio station as soon as I hear the first insipid guitar notes of the intro. I feel infuriated by just one of his "onleeees." And what is this weird pronunciation of "missing" as "meessing"?!?

I hate it even more that so many people like this song, since this causes it to be played so often on the radio. When I watch the video and see his adoring audience members blandly smiling as they ingest his babyfood-like music, I feel aghast. And it isn't just a few people liking this pap, but THRONGS of them do. Ugh!!

Finally, I hate his clothes.
No Way!! I love this song....
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote