Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 04:56 AM   #2453 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
The most recent season of How I Met Your Mother is a struggle to follow.

I don't watch it because it's rib-splittingly funny, I watch it because I think the characters are adorable geeks and I want to shrink them all down to 3-inches and keep them around in my pockets.

EDIT: I don't even care. Reverse self-justification.
I like the new season. One of the things I really liked about that show in its early days is that, structurally at least, I thought it was really well written. Constantly ****ing with timelines, darting in and out of multiple storylines and going off on tangents. Slowly building a story and gradually building to a finale with very minor details dropped in here and there throughout its run.

Thats what I like about the new season. It's as if it finally got back on track after outstaying its welcome with a few mundane years. It was like the first four seasons seemed to be precise and focused, and then the creators and/or the network recognised it's potential as a cash cow and so dragged it out needlessly with another three to four seasons, and now they are focused again on the story as it was intended nine years ago.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote