Music Banter - View Single Post - Why is new/modern music so much louder?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dylstew
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
I understand what you're saying here, and I've noticed this too (especially with SOAD), but it seems to me like this thread is yet another attempt to bash modern music–and I don't want to hear anymore of that fallacy of composition bull****.

This right here is basically the kind of **** I can't stand. wtf do you even mean here with this statement about the production??
The simplest explanation for why it sounds weird to you, is that you simply don't like modern Metallica...

Anyway, as far as the loudness, I don't see what the problem is, I always have soundcheck enabled anyways. I am displeased to hear that some bands artificially increase the volume of a CD at the loss of sound quality.

If that's really true, it's majorly f'd up, and I'm with you in that that needs to stop.
I'm in no way bashing modern music, there's plenty of modern music that I love, I'm 17 years old.(Even if I was older, I wouldn't limit myself to just older music, that would make no sense) But it's just that I noticed the loudness, and with some albums the loudness got on my nerves after a while, while with others it didn't. You're right, I don't like modern metallica in general(I don't hate it though, I think it's okay). But I actually like SOAD.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote