Music Banter - View Single Post - The Death Metal thread (version 2)
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

What bands have you heard from the Death Metal scene? I think to actually see some of the stuff that leads you to the conclusion that the style if just noise to you can be addressed better by knowing what you know of it as a whole.

For me, when I first got into the style, I was limited to bands like Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Carcass and Entombed. Basically the bands that I heard on shows like Power 30 and Power Hour here. Which introduced me to many Metal bands when I was about 13.

Knowing only those small handful of bands, and not as much as I know now, I too felt like it would be a style I was destined to like for a period and move onto something else. Not knowing really until the days of the internet I would start investigating it further.

I think is is also a style that you may get some "music snobs" calling talentless wank, thinking it is just a gimmick... growing up I experienced most of the people I know just being like "oh, you like that?".

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote