Music Banter - View Single Post - The Death Metal thread (version 2)
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffelbrei View Post
As someone who is insanely in love with Melodic Death Metal I find it kinda sad, that Death Metal sounds so **** in my ears. Does anyone maybe know any Death Metal that is not just a blurry unmelodious noise with some piggy grunting in the background or is that what the genre is all about? Because if it is, I have a genre for you, called Noise which actually sounds pretty similar...

(oh yeah, I like the band "Death". That's the sad thing..Because there's nothing else in this genre I have found but this single band)

edit: ya, i've listened to the video you posted in this thread now and it's kinda the perfect example of what weirds me out with most of the death metal bands there are (except this is really slow, which makes it even more annoying)...****ty chords, lyrics that a child could come up with and so DAMNED untrained singing...come on..even tho it's grunting, you can't just drink a bottle of vodka, shout into the mic and think you're a superstar...

i'm srsly sorry about the words i'm using :P might come off harsher than i mean it, but it's just so ****ing sad, because this genre would really have a spark of good in there.. only ALL the bands i've heard suck monkey ass, except Death.

I do not know about the untrained singing part. Death Metal vocals may not be something people can get behind, but the singing is not always something that simple. It takes a great deal of technique and power to do. It is not just something someone can wake up and do. I mean, it is not Opera, but it is not simple either.

Lyrically, it can be about a lot of topics. Be it gore, satanic, political or cultural (think Nile, and their Egyptian inspired lyrics) or death with other subject matter that can be philosophical at times.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote