Music Banter - View Single Post - The Death Metal thread (version 2)
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kartoffelbrei
una ola nunca viene sola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
I do not know about the untrained singing part. Death Metal vocals may not be something people can get behind, but the singing is not always something that simple. It takes a great deal of technique and power to do. It is not just something someone can wake up and do. I mean, it is not Opera, but it is not simple either.

Lyrically, it can be about a lot of topics. Be it gore, satanic, political or cultural (think Nile, and their Egyptian inspired lyrics) or death with other subject matter that can be philosophical at times.
Yeah, I've got a singing education, as I have sung Opera for a while, and I also know how to growl and scream very well, but I usually don't do it, because it ****s up my throat..so I know it's hard..but such a load of bands sound like they don't even try, yknow?

to the subject of lyrics: I love the lyrics of Death.. For me, that's how a lot of lyrics should sound like.. in every style of music.. Very poetic and dreamy, with the contrast of extreme music, makes it kinda cool

Abra Kadabra,
3 x schwarzer Kater!

~Todos hablan de la mar, pero en ella nunca estan~
Kartoffelbrei is offline   Reply With Quote