Music Banter - View Single Post - I can't believe I'm doing this...
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Default I can't believe I'm doing this...

...and for not much of a reason either.

I decided to just put on the local rock station in my truck to/from work to change things up, because I normally listen to talk radio.
Anyway, I've been hearing this song and for some reason it's the ONLY song they never actually say what it is. Normally, I wouldn't care, but I kinda dig it and I've been wondering for the last few weeks what the hell it is and who is responsible for it.

It's almost slower punk sounding. Singer has a punk singer voice almost. I really can't explain much, but it's probably about 130-140 bpm, Chorus is just a 2 chord progression, and has a lead guitar that is doing a riff like throughout the chorus on at least 16th notes, in sort of a busy, frenzy pattern.

The vocals I remember during the chorus (which I've Googled to no success) were something like, "All alone, you left me all alone", with a harmony sung to them. The chorus is in a standard harmony. I don't know if the words are the same, but phonetically, they sound like what I have in quotations above.

At this point, I don't really give a bunch of sh*ts about the song. It's more of a "need to find out because curious" thing.

It should really be obvious to pretty much anyone who listens to rock stations and likes the music. This is new territory for me, so I have no ****ing clue what's playing unless the DJ tells me or they play something really obvious/classic/whatever.