Music Banter - View Single Post - The "Lyric Without Music" Daily Review
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pet_Sounds
Remember the underscore

Default The "Lyric Without Music" Daily Review

Was thinking, as I do, about how much I enjoy certain lyricists, and I thought, "what if there's a lyricist just as good as Paul Simon whose work I'll never hear, simply because I don't like his genre?" Was also thinking, as I do, about creating a journal. And bing! it happened. Here's the idea: I will work my way through Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time from the bottom up, (skipping songs that I have already heard) posting what I think of each song's lyrics without actually listening to the song, just reading the lyrics. I'll try to put one on every day of the working week. On Saturday, I will take a recommendation from a forum member, if anyone is interested enough to suggest a song. On Sunday, I will actually listen to the song whose lyrics appealed to me the most of the six I reviewed. I'll start things off on Monday. Got it?

If you'd like to make a recommendation, please PM me rather than posting it here. It doesn't matter if it's on the list or not, I'll just skip it when I get there if it is. Thanks.

Last edited by Pet_Sounds; 03-16-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Pet_Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote