Music Banter - View Single Post - Therapy is for ****s
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 11:16 PM   #60 (permalink)
The Big Dog

You know what?
I'm going to start reading this more often.
Really liked the piece about your relationship with the girl who moved away, I imagined the sport she played was hockey. It seemed right.

It's odd to think that you only cried three times when certain songs hit, if I had written that journal post, it would probably have never ended. I now have four different "crywank" (my term for trying to make my sad playlists seem ironic, they're not) playlists. I think we live in a world now where it's cool to cry and it's interesting to read about your experiences. I've always found it hard to place you as a person in the world outside of Music Banter. I guess sometimes it's hard to remember that everyone here is a real person and has a life outside of the forum.

I also enjoy that you can look back at yourself with honesty and a sense of self humor. Really well written piece.
I also like Taking Back Sunday, I just f*ck with the debut album though. Some really big songs on that record. I'm not sure I'd classify them as emo. I never saw Brand New as emo either. I don't want to call them pop rock or pop punk either because they're not really.
Hmm, alternative rock? But then that's far too vague.
The lack of wanting to associate them with emo probably comes from their douchey teenage girl fans who think painting your nails black and getting angry at your parents is embodying the spirit of emo.

The vocalist left after the first album you said? Shame. The vocal delivery is, as you pointed out, a definite highlight. I might listen to their second album, if it's close to the debut, I'll enjoy it.
I know they've just brought out a new album. I assume they're alike Weezer or Jimmy Eat World in that they just lost the spark they had as they got older? Or would it genuinely be worth a look in?
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote