Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs You Hate
Thread: Songs You Hate
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #311 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristesse View Post
I am a big fan of Passenger, but this is one of my least favourite of his songs.

I can't help the feeling you have overreacted slightly
It's possible.

I considered putting my rant against Passenger's "Let Her Go" in the "Irrational music hatred" thread. But then I thought, nah, my hatred for the song is so strong, it must have *some* rational roots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristesse View Post
In other news, I can't fucking stand that Happy song by Pharrell Williams, I would happily (see what I did there) clap him in the face over and over again.
I dislike that song, too, but I can make it farther into the song before the urge to turn it off overcomes my desire to be musically open-minded.

I just don't like the style and sound of the song.

I also never understand the "room without a roof" metaphor for happiness. To me, a room without a roof would be the opposite of happiness. Rain? Snow? Subzero temperatures? Beating sun? No thank you. Roofs are great! So then I get into an internal, imaginary debate with the singer about his metaphor. I don't need all that stress when listening to music. :/
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote