Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs You Hate
Thread: Songs You Hate
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #313 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
It's possible.

I considered putting my rant against Passenger's "Let Her Go" in the "Irrational music hatred" thread. But then I thought, nah, my hatred for the song is so strong, it must have *some* rational roots.

I dislike that song, too, but I can make it farther into the song before the urge to turn it off overcomes my desire to be musically open-minded.

I just don't like the style and sound of the song.

I also never understand the "room without a roof" metaphor for happiness. To me, a room without a roof would be the opposite of happiness. Rain? Snow? Subzero temperatures? Beating sun? No thank you. Roofs are great! So then I get into an internal, imaginary debate with the singer about his metaphor. I don't need all that stress when listening to music. :/
Roofs are awful and represent ceilings that hold you back from achieving what you want to acheive . That's why having no roof and being able to see the sky goes hand in hand with the metaphor that the sky is the limit and you can achieve anything you put your mind to.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote