Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs You Hate
Thread: Songs You Hate
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #332 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
lol what do you have against being happy? Did someone hurt you?

The line right after the hot air balloon is this one btw.

"in the air, like I don’t care baby by the way"

He doesn't care so throw away all the logistics and science. He's feeling euphoric and none of that matters.

It's almost like when people go into a summer blockbuster movie and decide not to turn their brain off for a bit and just enjoy some explosions but decides to get picky about all the plot holes.
^ This is me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Just enjoy the catchy quirky song for what it is or not.
Meh, I still don't like the song. Intentionally happy songs just don't usually make me happy, maybe. I need some gloom in an otherwise happy song, otherwise it feels far-fetched to me.

Now moving on to another song (that relates to the topic of rap):

I hate Juicy J.'s rapping in Katy Perry's "Dark Horse" song, a song I'd like if it weren't for his rapping.

I can't listen to his rapping without snorting derisively, especially when he gets to the line below:

Uh
She’s a beast
I call her Karma (come back)
She eats your heart out
Like Jeffrey Dahmer (woo)
<--- NO NO NO NO NO!!!

After he makes his Jeffrey Dahmer analogy, I just lose it, because this is perhaps the WORST analogy (she's like a cannibalistic mass murderer from decades ago) to make about some sexual love interest. I'm surprised he didn't start rapping, "Don't fall in love with her and start to sob it. You don't wanna be the John she's gonna Bobbitt."

Also, I hate his rap delivery when he simplistically pairs one word per beat. It sounds very childish to me. Not cool or hip at all.

I think I'm not alone in hating the rap part of this song, because I heard a rap-free version on the radio once, and several listener "no rap" edits exist, which I feel are around 10,000 times better than the original.

Katy Perry - "Dark Horse" (no rap version, thank goodness)

Katy Perry - Dark Horse (No Rap Edit) - YouTube
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote