Music Banter - View Single Post - The Gaming Industry
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Carpe Mortem
Crusher of tiny Nords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
i have a crazy theory about that,

I think Rpg games are becoming obsolete, especially old school Rpgs where you have to grind to level up so nowadays other games are adapting and simplifying the lvl up system and using it to add a little Rpg element to their game

For me, it's like they are taking the best features of the Rpg and discarding the rest, you don't have to grind much to lvl up you just follow the story and you level up, i reached Lvl 50 in Mass effect without feeling i did any grinding, however in Fallout i did have to grind a bit just to get to lvl 30
I'd definitely say the grinding is fading away, but it's definitely a good thing. ****, the days I wasted raising my level along with my blood pressure.

We are seeing more and more interest in the mathematics, strategic side of RPG's though. Whereas before many games would auto-assign points for players, today it seems that more and more are giving players that control. I'm not saying it didn't happen before, that's for damn sure, but let me put it this way.... I have chick friends who know that you're supposed to beef up intelligence if you're a wizard. They did not know that five years ago.

Be Loving & Open With
My Emotions
Carpe Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote