Music Banter - View Single Post - The Gaming Industry
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
i have a crazy theory about that,

I think Rpg games are becoming obsolete, especially old school Rpgs where you have to grind to level up so nowadays other games are adapting and simplifying the lvl up system and using it to add a little Rpg element to their game

For me, it's like they are taking the best features of the Rpg and discarding the rest, you don't have to grind much to lvl up you just follow the story and you level up, i reached Lvl 50 in Mass effect without feeling i did any grinding, however in Fallout i did have to grind a bit just to get to lvl 30
Quote:
@Carpe Mortem

Haha yea i hear what you mean.

Im all for it as well, i like every game where you can Lvl up but i kinda think old school Rpgs are becoming obsolete in consoles, even Rpg console games now are focusing on making the games more like a movie than a game and i don't like that, Epic graphics don't impress me especially considering every next gen game looks equally amazing so instead i rather play a game with good gameplay rather than epic graphics

Personally, one of the last Rpgs that i played on a console that had an old school rpg vibe to it was Persona 4 for the Ps2, Atlus is f*ckin amazing at making old school rpgs with a new twist and i think the old school rpg formula can still be used in creative ways, i mean look at the new SP game 'The stick of truth' that game is doing well and it's old school rpg as f*ck.

Being mostly an rpg gamer i feel my demographic is being forgotten for the FPS and RTS demographic, all the rpgs seem to be going to handheld systems and consoles don't get them
I don't really think you are an rpg gamer. There have been some really great grindy type RPGs that has been released lately. Did you even touch NiNoKuni? I don't know if you have a 3DS but Bravely Default came out recently. They are still cranking out "Tales of" games. The last tales game I got was Tales of Xilia and I can't wait til part 2 comes out soon. It's already out in Japan but being translated for the US market. White Knight Chronicles though that came out a few years ago the second part to it is pretty great also. JRPGs are still being cranked out. It's funny that you mention Persona because I heard that a new one is coming out soon.

Quote:
Likewise, Online play is amazing the only drawback it's how loud and stupid some f*ckin kids are.

some ppl are entertaining when they use a mic but others are just whiny and annoying.
LOL you actually listen to people during online play? I always mute it. I don't care about what they have to say.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote