Music Banter - View Single Post - 70s forgotten AOR bands/artist?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
Their popularity here in this area was really limited to the 70s era.
Holy Water in '90, with Brian Howe on vocals is half decent.
Bad Company was one of the main blues rock bands here in the northeastern part of the United States during the 70s. Then you had blues rock bands like Aerosmith and so on.
I get the impression that Bad Company was never that popular in the UK. At least, not as popular as they we're here in the US during the 70s anyway.
Free, seems to be more popular of the two bands in the UK.
The problem with Bad Company was that they were quite simply a supergroup that were strictly in it for the money and had Peter Grant as their manager. Apart from a classic debut album, the rest of their discography from what I've heard is just bland commercial hard rock that was usually done a whole load better by numerous other bands, a shame really when you consider the talent in the band. They kind of reminded me of Jefferson Starship in the 1970s again multi-talented artists from their time as Jefferson Airplane, but could they could hardly muster anything any good throughout the 1970s.

Free were popular for a time in the 1970s in the UK but nosedived after their album Highway flopped, but they never reached the commercial heights of Led Zeppelin their nearest musical rival, and occupied the next strata down with their other bluesy counterparts Humble Pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveYourCarDownToTheSea View Post
Badfinger.
I like a number of Badfinger songs, but I don't think that they ever put out one great album though.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote