Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 05:19 PM   #532 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I concur. The first band to be featured in "Witches, Bitches, Maidens and Monsters", my (so far) five-part look at the NWOBHM. A great way to start; sad they went down the "America calling/AOR" route and lost it. Could have been massive.
I was surprised to see that they had formed as far back as 1974 and it took them a long time to release their first album, as far as I know their sound was always heavily AOR/American infused and they came across as a prime example of a band that was grouped with the NWOBHM than actually really being one, even though there is that Iron Maiden feel to them on some tracks.

I forgot that you did a NWOBHM feature and really want to read this now, which pages is it on? If I look it will take me an eternity to plough through the thousands of pages in your journal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
I remember it took me years to get hold of that Praying Mantis album.
I first attempted to get it in the late 80s, after a few years couldn't find it and then gave up as my tastes changed.
Then about 7 years ago I found it by chance online, downloaded it, listened to it, thought mehh and never listened to it again.
Based on what I know of your music tastes, I could never imagine you digging Praying Mantis.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote