Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking For Ideas For Music
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
cubby208
Groupie

Default Looking For Ideas For Music

Hello, I have been doing music for all of my life. I have perfect pitch, can compose, and i play cello and piano. Every year their is a big talent competition inside of our state that i always enjoy participating in. I have won 2nd place every year I have participated. Usually I do something that i have composed. However this year my creative juices are not flowing and i can't compose anything good enough for it. I have resolved that i need to arrange something.

I am looking for a good song that is mostly instrumental (little or no singing/lyrics) that is exciting, new, has a good followable beat and is NOT A RECENTLY POPULAR SONG AS EVVVVEEERRRYYYONEE DOES THOSE. Here are the instruments i have at my disposal.
  • 2 Cello's
  • 2 violins
  • 1 violist (not that good)
  • 1 acoustic bass (can also do electric bass)
  • 1 singer
  • 3 keyboard players
  • 2 guitarists

Can anyone think up a good song that I might do? It HAS to be a crowd pleaser because someone can play Rachmaninoff's piano concerto and get no attention, while you can play beauty and the beast and everyone thinks your a prodigy. I just want to crowd to be happy as this is the last year i get to participate in this

I did think of one song the link is below, however i cant figure out the rythms for the life of me and im not sure if its quite exciting enough for an audience. You can find the video by searching "Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy - Soundtrack - Main Theme" The best part is 30 seconds in
cubby208 is offline   Reply With Quote