Music Banter - View Single Post - The Poseur Cave
Thread: The Poseur Cave
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #124 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristesse View Post
I heard Slippery When Wet for the first time when I was about 13, and I adored it for about a year. Then I grew up and started taking an actual interest in music and realised it was a bit crap really.

The hits (You Give Love A Bad Name, Livin' On A Prayer and (to some extent) Wanted Dead Or Alive) are good and I still enjoy listening to them, but the remainder of the songs are just poor fillers and aren't worth listening to at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
Chunks of metal: glam metal

Artist: Bon Jovi
Album: Slippery When Wet
Year: 1986
Chronological position: Third album
Genre: Hard rock/glam metal
Expectations before listening: The bad kind of cheese

Bon Jovi is among those bands I try to avoid because my first impressions were really, really bad. If we hadn't selected this in our little club, I simply wouldn't have listened to it, unless it was some sort of new JB week challenge.

Why don't I like Bon Jovi? Their lyrics are cliched and dull, their songs are overly repetitive, and those synthesizers sound like they inspired Mylo Xyloto by Coldplay. That album had some bad synthesizers. Maybe I'd enjoy Bon Jovi if I was above legal age for drinking, drunk, and at a concert full of sweaty people with much hair and little clothes. Unfortunately, I'm not.

2/5
BOO to you both! Bon Jovi roolz! Seriously, I think that album is excellent and won't have a bad word said about it. From "Let it rock" to "Wild in the streets" I enjoy every single moment. Hell, maybe I'm just old. No maybe about it. But talk **** about Bon Jovi again and I'll meet you at dawn where we can select our weapons and sort this out once and for all.

Do.
I.
Make.
Myself.
Absolutely.
Crystal.
****ing.
Clear??