Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 12:55 AM   #182 (permalink)
Key

Last.fm may be wonky sometimes, but I have always loved the "new artists to library" thing it does when you listen to a band you've never listened to before. Helps me keep a good tab in case I want to go back and listen to a band I heard the night before or something. I've been doing that a lot lately too, and some of it has been just fantastic.

Just a few that I can see right now...

The Foreshadowing

It piqued my interest as soon as I read "gothic/doom metal" because that's a mixture I don't really have a lot of experience with, and it was pretty damn good.

My introduction of them was "Days of Nothing"

I can't exactly say if it was a good or bad place to start, but it's definitely worth checking out. I'd say give it a listen and if you don't like it, give Oionos a listen, because I felt it had what I didn't find in the first album I listened to, both are pretty good in their own right.

Second World was the second to last album I attempted to listen to, but I couldn't really get into it, hence only have 2 tracks listed on my last.fm from the album. It's not that it was bad, I think I was just mentally exhausted and I just couldn't listen to anymore of it at the time, so I can't fairly rate it just yet, but I gave it an hour and listened to Oionos instead.

Needless to say, some damn good music here.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote