Music Banter - View Single Post - Ki's Journal for Terrible Albums
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #33 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
Actually, I agree with a lot of what you say about the White Album. I even started a thread on the subject of trimming it to a single LP a while back. Definitely the weakest of the Big 5. It's an album of extremes: on one hand, Revolution 9, Bungalow Bill, etc, and on the other, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Back in the USSR, Julia... If cut to a single disc, it easily becomes my favourite Beatles album.
I remember that thread. I think it'd definitely be a lot better if it were a single album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
You're not getting it from me, I understand what you mean. It's got some great tracks, but half of it consists of fillers. Wouldn't call it terrible, though.
I like to write these reviews with extremes. Whether or not I think the album deserves the hate i'm throwing at it, it's just fun to be really up front and personal about it I do put them in this journal though fully knowing that I don't like it, so I suppose it's not all that extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
I personally think it has only one bad track, that afwul#9, but then again maybe I'm too much into them to rate that album rationally.
I could listen to the album ten times in a row and there's no way i'd ever be able to say it has only one bad track. A few of them are cringe worthy, but that's for another day.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote