Music Banter - View Single Post - Ultimate Guitarist Poll
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 08:09 PM   #38 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
He may have played his guitar with a violin bow sometimes, but his defing style wasn't that he used a violin bow
Nope, his difining style was many things, including being one of the first guitarists to use over a dozen guitar overdubs in one song and one of the defining guitarists in rock music.

And what does Pentatonic Scales have to do with anything?... Page uses pentatonics most of the time, so does Hendrix, Clapton, EVH, Gilmour and Berry... And i'll tell you why, because it sounds good, which is why its a common scale in many genres of music, and dispite what some of you might think, good music isnt defined by how technicaly dificult it is to play, but how it sounds, and thats all that matters, a guitarists job is to complement the music in the best way he or she can.

And if you think that Page is a one trick pony, you are wrong, and if you think that he only plays pentatonics and in 4/4 time, you are even wronger...Four Sticks is in 5/4, The Crunge is in 9/4 and Black Dog shifts between, 3/4, 4/4 and 5/4...You dont hear time sigs and tempo changes like those very often... So please do not speak of which you do not know.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote