Music Banter - View Single Post - Newcomers!!: Read This Before You Post Anything In The 'Name That Tune' Forum
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

And may I add, as much pertinent info as possible. Describe the genre, roughly, of the song, the year or thereabouts, what you think it might be or might not be, whether it was a male or female singer, if it was in the charts/on the radio and anything else that might help.

THIS is a post likely to get some assistance:

"I'm looking for this 80s metal song, think it was glam or hair metal, lyrics refer to some kind of cowboy BUT it's not "Wanted dead or alive" by Bon Jovi, though it may be them. Slow start then it builds up, great guitar solo. Male singer."

THIS is not:
"Hi guys lookin for a metal song I used to hear on the radio back in the 80s. Been looking for years. Any help blah blah blah."

As Urban says, we're not doing this professionally and while people will be happy to help you they're not going to spend their time hunting down a song with the vaguest of information, most likely in fairness for someone who will never post in the forum again, perhaps not even to say thanks when the song has been found (personal experience here).

So if you want us to help, help us to help you.