Music Banter - View Single Post - Pierre Schaeffer - L'oeuvre Musicale [SAA Album Club discussion thread]
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

I know I'm going way back, bumping this after 3 years. This is such an important artist I hate that it got so little response.

Somewhere along the line I just got sick of tracking down and downloading music online. Even if it's just link or two away I just got sick of the process and returned to only adding to my music collection by buying either new or used company manufactured CDs. It's part of my plan to stay in high-interest credit card debt permanently. And it's working great!

This box set is over $100 used on Amazon. I don't have it, still, three years on, I guess I can't vote on this but I do vote five stars for the artist in general. I have a few of his tracks on compilations and I've explored his music through internet streaming. Just the fact that he put out such groundbreaking work all the way back in the 40's is mind blowing.

I hate to have big holes like this in my music collection and knowledge but you can't eat every fish in the sea.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote