Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog Rock Album Club
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 07:14 AM   #733 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
That's not actually true. Under the new rules (which have not yet been ratified by the Troika! Come on guys: do you agree?) only the votes from Standard and Core members would count. This is to allow those who --- like, it would seem, Neapolitan --- only want to review every other album, to still join in but because they would not be as it were "taking the club that seriously", participating fully, their votes would not count in the final rating.

So essentially, Nea, if you want your votes to count then you have to become a Standard Member, which brings with it the responsibility of reviewing ALL albums --- whether you like them or not --- but with a longer timescale allowed (suggesting two weeks). If not, you become an Associate Member and can review, or not, whenever and how much or as little as you like, but your ratings will not be counted.
It looks like Comrade Stalin has spoken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I`ve just noticed you`re discussing this album, so I`d like to throw in my ten cents if that`s ok:-

Rating: Is it out of 5? I`d give this album a 4 - and will be following up on Anteater`s recommendation of Jurassic Shift. Sounds like it might be a lighter meal: thanks for the tip!

EDIT: I see from the last post that you`re running a pretty tight ship here, TH ! Just to let you know that I`m only here in passing, tbh - not even sure if I`d qualify for Associate membership!
This is the rating criteria:

Also a universal rating out of say 5, For example could be:

5.0- Masterpiece
4.5- Classic
4.0- Great
3.5- Good
3.0- Decent
2.5- Weak
2.0- Poor
1.5- Crap
1.0- Dud
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote