Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #13984 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

I like The Blair Witch Project. But I find it is a one time scare deal, once you know the twists and what happens, it loses impact. So the replay value is low on it to me. But yeah, it scared me the first time I saw it. I remember having to pause it and take a break at the part where they are in the tent and hear footsteps. I was having a panic attack I thought. Very few films have gave me that kind of feeling.

It is a good film, even though it loses much of its impact on the small screen. It is meant to be seen on the big screen. I remember reading reports of it causing people to experience motion sickness and screw with them more. Mainly cause on the big screen, the image takes up your whole field of vision, and immerses you more into it. Do not get that on a small screen, it loses much of that aspect.

But yeah, for what that film was, it did a great job at what it was going for. Out of all the found footage films I have seen, it is second only to Cannibal Holocaust.

However I wish I had the 90 minutes of my life back spent watching Blair Witch 2.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote