Music Banter - View Single Post - R.I.P. Dave Brockie
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

I saw them in 1991, in a club, during their "Scumdogs of the Universe" tour. I knew what to expect, so I wore an old T-shirt and an old pair of shorts to the show. Got covered head to toe in various fluids spewn out into the audience from the stage! One of the funniest moments during the show, occurred at the start, when some of the band members spotted three well dressed couples (the men were wearing suits and the women were wearing dresses and jewelry) standing near the right of the stage, trying to avoid getting hit with any liquids. Needless to say, they weren't successful in trying to stay dry afterwards and they didn't stay for the rest of the show.

I saw several people move further to the rear of the club, in a futile attempt to stay away from the spew. There was no escape! The band even brought out a catapult and filled it with fake poop and shot it into the audience. The turds would splatter and skip off the heads of people in the crowd like stones being skipped across water.

By the time the show ended, I looked like I'd just been in a horrible, bloody accident or I'd just butchered a large animal.

Good times!

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote