Music Banter - View Single Post - At The Back With The Safety Scissors And Glue - A Journal by Tristesse
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 12:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tristesse
Mmmbop, da ba duba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
Hey, came by to tell you how awesome the title of this journal is.
Cheers man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Sorry bruv. I did read this soon after you posted the two reviews but I just didn't leave any commentary. I need to check out her second album because I've only heard the singles from it but with Prism. I feel like she decided to take the sweet drenching poppiness(doubt that's a word but oh well) of the singles from the second album and amp it up a notch with some variety.

I feel like the third album continued down the same path as the second way because she had way more success with that formula instead of the acoustic sound that you love so much from the first album.

Also yes, Juicy J is definitely big stateside and loads of people know him. He recently released a solo album so that's probably why he jumped on a Katy Perry track for a bit more exposure with a throwaway verse. I'm not mad at him for making that money. He is one part of the group Three6Mafia. This group has actually won an Oscar for one of their songs used in a movie. He is also a really good producer as well.

I don't know if you know this song but this is one of their bigger hits.
There wasn't enough contrast between the songs on Prism for me, they were all in too similar a style for anything to particularly stand out.

I have nothing against rap, and have been meaning to get some education about rap and hip-hop, but the rap section on Dark Horse is truly abysmal.

And I haven't heard that, I don't think they've had a huge amount of success here in the UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Another one for the collection.
Tristesse is offline   Reply With Quote