Music Banter - View Single Post - Stuck on a Frownapilago
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Default Stuck on a Frownapilago

In this journal, I'm going to review some albums that I enjoy. For those of you who know my taste you're aware of the interesting ride that you're about to take. I may go beyond albums and throw a couple movie reviews or get drunk and rant about something, so as to keep it in one thread. For now, I'll be sticking to music.

Given my egotism, you're likely to hear about my music, and it'll probably be pretty detailed, so expect that at one point. Free jazz, modern classical, noise music, avant-garde music, hip-hop, psychedelic, prog, and anything other artists in a given genre that really strikes my fancy will likely be covered in this journal as well.

My first entry will be coming soon. So to set off this journal, I'll leave you with a painting by the infamous Pollock called White Noise. It was originally on the cover of Ornette Coleman's Free Jazz: A Collective Improvisation and I must say that its very fitting for both the album and the incoherent rambling sure to come in this thread. "Out of chaos, intuition and freedom, beauty will emerge."

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote