Music Banter - View Single Post - Was that Beyonce album any good?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
The album got rave reviews because of the way her team released it not because of the quality of the album.

What I think is funny about the whole thing is, David Bowie released his entire album last year without telling anybody either and he was the FIRST to do it and no one said nothing about that. There was no hype or PR around it.

David Bowie did not need a PR tactic to fool people into buying his album because his music speaks for itself.

Her latest album is just like the rest of her albums, bland, mediocre and boring. The reason why her team dump her entire album all at once is because none of the singles were strong enough as leading singles. Great marketing ploy.... but crap album.

You would think an artist of her status would have grown artistically by now but she is stuck in a bubble. She cares about being a brand more so than growing as an artist which is why I have never considered her an "artist" and more so just "a brand"

Her music is fast food. People eat it up once it is out but it is easily forgotten.

That Drunk in Love song that plays on the radio is VERY disrespectful towards Tina Turner. Its sad that children listen to it and think it is "cool" for a man to hit on a woman. :/ Not only that it is just an awful song.

Female artists like Janelle Monae, Kelis, etc are more talented and more interesting.
That doesn't even make sense. An album got rave reviews over how it was released? You do know that reviews are actually based off of the music that are on albums right?

You may not like Beyonce because of whatever personal issues you have with her but the album was worth all the reviews that it did get.

I'm slightly offended that you put Kelis on the same level as Janelle Monae. You should be ashamed of that.

People wouldn't have spent their money on an album that was as **** as you are pretending it is. She got around 600,000 dollars worth of digital sales in three days.

XO, Pretty Hurts, Drunk In Love, Partition and Flawless are all single worthy tracks. Only three out of the five I have named have been singles so far but I'm sure she'll probably make the track with Drake be a single even though it's not the best song imo.

You should definitely give it a try and see how you feel about it. She mixes a lot of different sub genres on the album. Some retro soul, alternative R&B, synth pop, it is a bit all over.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote