Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #10425 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post

Fantômas - Amenaza al Mundo

I've known about this album for years but have been spinning it a lot recently. This is a collaboration between Mike Patton and Trevor Dunn of Mr. Bungle, Dave Lombardo of Slayer, and Buzz Osbourne of Melvins where the group makes some of the strangest metal you never heard. Patton's vocals are great on this album and he sticks to his notorious yet unique singing style (using the voice to its fullest capacity as an instrument) in this album. It can be a little tongue-in-cheek at points. Musically it's great too, very punky and heavy, with some noise and Middle Eastern influences added to the mix, among others. The songs are divided up into pages and frame count like a comic book. There are several short and intriguing tracks on this album that never fail to entertain.

I think this might be my favourite album with Mike Patton (Trevor Dunn as well, but this is a very Patton heavy album), with Disco Volante as a close second.
Director's Cut is the one I enjoy the most from Fantômas.