Music Banter - View Single Post - Prince vs. Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 12:56 PM   #142 (permalink)
Carpe Mortem
Crusher of tiny Nords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Both Batsh*t crazy if you ask me.. >_>

I constantly hear Prince is some eccentric music genius but i don't see it, i do think he is a good musician but not some musical messiah as some ppl portray him

Mj imo was a better entertainer, his music reached the masses and inluenced pop music more than prince, keep in mind im not saying Mj was a better musician than prince, im saying his influence on music is way more obvious than prince's influence.

for exmpl, im not a fan of either of them but just by their influence on society and music i know way more about Mj than what i do about prince.
I'll agree with you that more people, for instance, cite Michael Jackson as an influence. Although I think it has something to do with how many more covers there are of his songs, he definitely had a great influence.

But Prince plays like EVERY INSTRUMENT, dawg, Literally the guy plays all the instruments himself when he records, then hires people for shows. Even weird ones, like harps and sitars. I read part of his biography and the dude has weekly shows in his house, where he invites random musicians to get together and improvise. He's into his music. I think Michael had a great deal of pressure when he was younger, which led to it being a life-long obligation/way to get money.

Plus his scream was the first scream I ever heard in music... and I tell you what, he could give Rob Halford a run for his money.

Be Loving & Open With
My Emotions
Carpe Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote